Monday, October 18, 2010

when I go to London I'll be floating in the sky

To clarify for all of you who are dying to know. (i.e, no one as of current?) I'm not always this depressing. I was just looking at Deb Oh's blog (The Debonaire) and, first off, I loved the name, and second.. off.. I realized that even though this blog is mainly about the things that I talk about with myself when I'm falling asleep.. Those things don't define me, so I'm going to post things that make me happy, as well as things that I think about on a daily basis. And The Debonaire's blog made me SO happy. There was one specific post that I adored and it focused on one particular website: www.beforeidieiwantto.org/usa. It has polaroids up from so many people and on those polaroids people write what they want to do before they die. I loved the concept. It was especially interesting to see what the values of the people were, and how they viewed mortality and how well they could wrap their mind around the concept of death. I know that occasionally I will have moments where I feel incredible drive to accomplish the things I want to, because I only have one life to live, and OH MY GOD! And then panic and crying ensues. But then I realize that I'm only 15 and I have tiiiiime...

But then there was another section of the website which featured those in hospice care.. and one man's polaroid in particular said "Before I die I wanted to see London because I'm a British subject. When I got to London I'll be floating in the sky." I wish that he had seen London, because no one should be deprived of something they want to do so badly. So I don't want this to happen to me, or to you, or to my mom or my dad or my friends or the random people I see on the street. I encourage everyone, no matter how old you are to write down what you want to do before you die. It doesn't have to be big. But it'll put things in perspective. I promise.

0 comments: