Tuesday, June 21, 2011

the world is a weird place

Teenage angst sucks. I always thought that somehow I had magically escaped it, but right now I can't seem to struggle out of its grasp. This always happens to me during the Summer. I don't have school to fill up my time, so I spend the days thinking about everything. I think about college, and my future, and my life in general, and I think myself into a state that I can't seem to get out of. I'm left feeling like I just want to run away, instead of face the hard times ahead. I just want to leave, or go somewhere. I want to travel, and DO something, and BE somebody. But I can't help but feel that this is what everyone wants. Everybody wants to feel special and achieve greatness. But can everybody? This was the subject of one of my first posts... Obviously I haven't reached a conclusion. But maybe the conclusion is to stop worrying about this, because if I keep thinking about it, I'll never do anything. Do want I want and fuck the rest, even if I won't succeed. At least I'll know that I tried, and I wasn't sitting in my bed reading books because escapism is better than facing the real world. So Carpe Diem starts now.

0 comments: